Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: WD Passport 1TB USB Drive" diskpart CLEANED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good Afternoon:

I made an error while trying to diagnose a problem on my WD Passport drive.  I used diskpart and issued the CLEAN command, and now, I cant seem to get the partition back with ALL my data:  Looks like all I see is a bunch of files like:

[Image: Rawfiles-03-28-18.PNG]

AND

[Image: Rawfiles2-03-28-18.PNG]

The drive is 1.82 TBs and ONLY shows about 1 TENTH of the files that should be there:  I use Easeus Data Recovery Wizard Professional - doing a FULL scan it takes 2 darn DAYS and only recovers what you see in the above images.  I NEED to find a way to get the whole thing back if possible - Can someone give me a way to get  a FULL FUNCTIONING, non crippled, application that can do this??

Would appreciate it, as I have never done this before, and I even watched Britec's video on this, and contacted TIM by phone heheh Smile

Brian
@Tim:

Running GetDataback v4.33 - data appears intact: will update when complete Wink

Thanks Man - Big Grin

Brian
i would turn off auto sleep so it can finish scanning
(03-28-2018, 09:59 PM)f23948 Wrote: [ -> ]i would turn off auto sleep so it can finish scanning

Thank You - Point taken - I have disabled that, so that the system will not sleep Smile

Brian
you're welcome
(03-28-2018, 08:25 PM)baker7 Wrote: [ -> ]@Tim:

Running GetDataback v4.33 - data appears intact:  will update when complete Wink

Thanks Man -  Big Grin

Brian

Just let us know how it turns out. That software works well for me.
(03-29-2018, 02:14 AM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2018, 08:25 PM)baker7 Wrote: [ -> ]@Tim:

Running GetDataback v4.33 - data appears intact:  will update when complete Wink

Thanks Man -  Big Grin

Brian

Just let us know how it turns out. That software works well for me.

Timster:

10-4: Luckily, I was able to set up samba and that I DID NOT do anything else to the drive after the problem started: Is there a way for me to mark and lock bad sectors so that they dont get written to again?? I forget how to do that: I can connect to BBUS, and tunnel to THRUSH (This machine) so I can monitor from work Smile

I OWE you one Smile

Brian B.
I have used many different types of data recovery software and GetDataBack is the best by far.
(03-29-2018, 12:25 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]I have used many different types of data recovery software and GetDataBack is the best by far.

Britec and Tim:  

This thing is STILL scanning, and I will continue to keep you updated - This tool is the BEST - Thanks to my quick thinking, I called Timster after messing with it for 3 days - I owe him a BIG one, because this drive is the one I use for service calls, software installs and backups - getdataback is DEFINATELY a tool for a technicians toolbox -

@timster:  I did a Crystaldisk on the drive and found it said "CAUTION", and there was ONE part that had a yellow mark:  I seem to remember that you can back the data off the drive, then format it again, and pass a switch or 2 to the interface so that it will Mark bad Clusters/sectors and lock them, so that one bad sector does not ruin the entire drive:  Because I use this device in my job, I will buy a bigger one and have it available to use for work:  I cannot afford to lose this data Smile its going to my Linux Server's Samba directory Wink

I just couldn't figure out how to use other tools because it was NOT showing me the file tree of the directory, just a bunch of files that werre fragmented - Thank GOD for good people like you and Timster:  You guys REALLY know your stuff, and cant thank you enough, Britec for all the videos that you do, and the WAY you present them -  when you tell someone NOT to do something, you MEAN it  - and I think You said it when I ran a video on EaseUS Partition Recovery, and you said NOT to do anything else to the drive, (add/change/delete/etc) and to run the tools as quickly as possible after the problem was detected.........It saved my BUTT, and I owe you BOTH so much  - It pays to listen to what you say - Although the FOOL that told me to diskpart the drive first when it is NOT being seen in Windows - he is an IDIOT, and I will FIND that video and link to it so you can see why I made the mistake - why the bloody hell would ANYONE diskpart a drive not being seen by windows, before checking to see if the drive has errors?  Diskpart, if used the WRONG way can damage data, and possibly hardware!

The video that said to diskpart clean is below: maybe I am CRAZY, but I still say that it was the WRONG info, and maybe I used the wrong video, but it is stupid to diskpart a drive you cant see!

Should I format that thing and then disk check it, and then put data on it again, or should I just buy a new drive and copy the contents to it from the samba directory?

Thanks Again!

Brian
if Crystaldisk says CAUTION I would get data off the drive then replace the drive
Pages: 1 2