Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: How to fix 0xc0000225
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m sorry this might be a little lengthy but will try and be short as possible.

Issue started when I had an issue with a game (Tom Clancy: wild lands). Contacted Uplay tech support for help. After verifying the files for the game. After that not solving the problem I was sent via email several steps to due and report back to them.
Step 1. Disabling your background applications:

Go to the Start menu on your Desktop. Press the Windows key and the letter R at the same time.
Type in MSCONFIG and press Enter.
Go to the Startup tab.
Click the option to Disable All.
Press Apply, then Close and pick the option to Restart.
When I did this I was unable to get to a log in screen. The screen would load but no box to put password in. After some considerable time I was able to log in and reverse the step above. I rebooted and got and error code 0xc0000225 “The boot selector failed because a required device is inaccessible”. I can hit enter twice and boot into windows just fine. Doesn’t appear to cause any problems. Besides being a nuisance will this cause long term issues?

Solutions I have tried
1.Automatic PC repair from windows 10 CD. States that it’s unable to repair. Creates log that I will up load or copy and paste in another post.
2.Command prompt
diskpart (this will load DiskPart utility)
list volume (lists all the volumes available on your system)
select volume 2 (you need to select here the volume which is labelled as ESP)
assign letter=Z (will assign Z; a temporary letter to ESP volume selected previously)
exit (will take you back to normal Command Prompt mode)
bcdboot C:\windows /s Z: /f UEFI (it will generate boot files for UEFI environment)
Unfortunately Volume 2 was not labeled ESP, I had 2 volumes listed as ESP volume 4 and apparently the system deleted the file.( I’ll try and duplicate it) did all that and got an error that it failed.

3. Command prompt X:\windows\system 32 ( what I get when I go to command prompt) then I type
bootrec /fixboot
hit enter, I get “the system cannot find the specific file
bootrec /fixmbr
hit enter
bootrec /rebuildbcd
hit enter
reboot your computer
same response with the other commands

I was watching your youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldqFdcGL1X0 and was curious if this could fix my problem? I have just reformatted this drive 6 months ago and for the same error and would hate to do it again.
The interesting thing is I should have gone with my gut and just uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Windows had updated a few days earlier and apparently changed something the game didn’t like. Like I said sorry for so long. Any help or ideas would be appreciated

Jr3326

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD FX-8350 25 °C
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 (Socket 942) 27 °C
Graphics
ASUS VH242H (1920x1080@60Hz)
SyncMaster (1280x1024@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc) 33 °C
Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKS-00A7B2 (SATA) 33 °C
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKS-00A7B2 (SATA) 34 °C
1863GB Seagate ST2000DX002-2DV164 (SATA) 31 °C
232GB Seagate ST3250410AS (SATA) 32 °C
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00KUWA0 (SATA) 29 °C
0B SAMSUNG HD204UI (SATA)
465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD) 29 °C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Repair Install is like installing Windows over Windows and sometimes fix's a lot of problems. If this does not work you will need to do a fresh install. If after fresh install you are still having problems then is possible you have a hardware fault.
(03-28-2018, 01:18 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Repair Install is like installing Windows over Windows and sometimes fix's a lot of problems. If this does not work you will need to do a fresh install. If after fresh install you are still having problems then is possible you have a hardware fault.

So doing as the video states might work then?
yes all you can do try it might work or not nothing 100%