Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Hp 6910p gets really hot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Specs: https://speccy.piriform.com/results/upKvc5yeQApGhvBF2z01F4n  

HWMonitor Report: [attachment=3473]

Things Ive Tried

1.Disassembled Laptop

2.Used electric leaf blower to clean out dust

3.Cleaned CPU and reapplied Thermal Compound

4.Since i don't use modems and i saw the opportunity to open up a tiny bit more airflow for the laptop i completely removed the
  modem
5. I also have the laptop sitting on a usb fan

The temps get up to 160f and is about at 120f from power on till i see the desktop

I am also hearing what sounds like if you have the radio on a station that isnt broadcasting anything
did u check if the fan is on?
(03-16-2018, 06:43 AM)f23948 Wrote: [ -> ]did u check if the fan is on?

Yeah the fans on. Its weird how the temp says 160f but when i put my hand a couple inches before id cover the vent there barely luke warm air coming out of the vent thats for the cpu.

I know im supposed to clean and reapply the processor 1 and 2 but what about 3 and 4? Because the laptop is only a dual core

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DjjoiB1ni6jBjjBcASHEEMwadGaRdz7s/view?usp=drivesdk
what software are you using to monitor the temps
(03-16-2018, 01:29 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]what software are you using to monitor the temps

Hwmonitor and speccy
[Image: AmtAKcP.png]CoreTemp

• Please download CoreTemp and save the file to your Desktop.
  • Double-click the CoreTemp icon to run the programme.
  • Monitor the core temperature at computer idle and take a screenshot. 
  • Monitor the core temperature whilst performing tasks and take a screenshot.
  • Instructions on how to take a screenshot can be found in this article
  • Attach image in your next reply. 
I take it 68C is idle? what does the chip go to under load? Max Temperature for that chip is 100 °C
Room temperature plays a part as well. 
i think CPU thermometer is failing
(03-16-2018, 03:48 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]I take it 68C is idle? what does the chip go to under load? Max Temperature for that chip is 100 °C
Room temperature plays a part as well. 

From power on to the desktop speccy and hwmonitor says 120f and if i start putting a load on it which the temp goes to 160f plus.

I do notice the speakers in the front of the laptop make weird noises and also the wires coming out of the monitor have what looks like a coil that isnt covered up by the wire
Right underneath the hp logo on the monitor gets almost to hot to touch. But i applied thermal compound to 2,3,4. So im hoping i accomplished something lol but im almost ready to go with what f23948 said but i havent dealt with this kind of heat before
Pages: 1 2