Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Restore Points not working in W10 Version 1709
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Brian -  I run windows 10 version 1709 and have activated SR as you advise : Created a restore point and installed a patch for a piece of non microsoft software : When I tried to restore the system to the pre-patch state It failed : I turned off antivirus and malwarebytes and tried again : Failed to restore... any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
Inside the command prompt, type sfc /scannow > Press 'Enter'
4. Reboot and test.
Hello Compton... Thank you for the fast reply. I did as you suggested and this notice displayed after the scan. "Resource did not find any integrity violations" The restore point I was trying to return to still did not work on re-boot. I then wondered if it was the software patch itself causing the issue. After creating a new restore pont... I installed a small stand alone program and then did a system restore from that point. It all worked fine and the stand alone program was removed successfully. So I conclude that the patch was the cause of my issue. All is now functioning so my thanks to you for your direction and assistance.... Tarby
Temporally disable your antivirus first, then try to restore!
glad you got working Tarby be careful patching software it can malicious to your computer
Thanks Richtech ... I had already tried that but to no avail. The problem was with the 3rd party software patch and not the O/S it seems. All new test restore points have worked fine.
Thank you anyway, much appreciated.
Solved - Thread Closed