Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows update problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am lacking a few updates on my PC and have been trying to update but keep receiving the message "windows update failed". I used the media creation tool to "upgrade this PC" and let it run all night. In the morning, I tried to run it and it came back with "Windows update failed". Went into group policy editor and enabled everything that has to do with updating....Still have not yet been able to get updated. Windows version 1709 OSbuild 16299.15.Also did a "clean" boot and tryed updating.If a solution is known, would appreciate it! Attached is a screenshot of the update screen.
Go to

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/home.aspx

And in the search bar of the update catalog type in all the letters and numbers in the parenthesis then download and install each one that way
are the administer for the system?
i would turn off auto sleep so it can finish downloading updates and installing updates
[attachment=3346]
(02-09-2018, 08:06 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]are the administer for the system?

Yes, Sir

(02-09-2018, 09:19 PM)f23948 Wrote: [ -> ]i would turn off auto sleep so it can finish downloading updates and installing updates

Had that already set.
(02-09-2018, 11:13 PM)f23948 Wrote: [ -> ]hard drive might be failing

How to Test Your Hard Drive Using SeaTools for Windows

how to check your hard drive health status with crystal disk info

screenshot may not actual

It's a brand new SSD. Less than one month old Samsung EVO 250 gb

(02-10-2018, 12:41 AM)PaulIIII Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2018, 11:13 PM)f23948 Wrote: [ -> ]hard drive might be failing

How to Test Your Hard Drive Using SeaTools for Windows

how to check your hard drive health status with crystal disk info

screenshot may not actual

It's a brand new SSD. Less than one month old Samsung EVO 250 gb

(02-09-2018, 07:22 PM)smirk24 Wrote: [ -> ]Go to

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/home.aspx

And in the search bar of the update catalog type in all the letters and numbers in the parenthesis then download and install each one that way

Tried that....Came back that I selected the wrong version. I selected 64 bit because I have that. Should I select 32 bit?
should be the same  for windows 10

(02-10-2018, 02:11 AM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]should be the same  for windows 10

Thanks. Just tried that, Compton. Gonna re-install. Not working
Try this>Click on Start>Settings>Update & Security>Right hand side>Click on 'Get help with your updates'>Bottom of page click on>What can I do if I am having problems with updates>Click on 'Windows update trouble-shooter.
Pages: 1 2