Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Acronis Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought Acronis 2017 last year and have used it to clone a drive a couple of times. I have a system where I have 3 ssd's and 2 hard drives that are connected. I use another large 2 tb drive that I hook up when I want to do a backup. My question is this. I only have 2 drives that actually have information that I absolutely need C: and G: drives. If I used Acronis to do a "full" backup of all the files on C: (in other words everything is checked ...system, Windows , appdata, ect.) and my G: drive....If and when I have to use the backup will it be the same as using a Windows system Clone restore? Everything seems to be covered in the backup with Acronis, but I have never actually tried to restore my system by using Acronis. So, lets say that one day in the future, Windows gets corrupted...Will the backup I made with Acronis get everything back the way it was or would I have to resort to using the Windows 10 clone restore? Thanks in advance.
For a full backup I would recommend the clone feature. As far as the image backups go you should ALWAYS test and confirm that those backups are not corrupt. Don't just assume.
(02-06-2018, 03:02 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]For a full backup I would recommend the clone feature. As far as the image backups go you should ALWAYS test and confirm that those backups are not corrupt. Don't just assume.

Ya. That's what I have been doing, but unfortunately that would require me to buy more drives to clone them all. Don't understand why Acronis doesn't offer a clone the "entire" system option. When restoring a backup, I noticed the options said "restore in exact location and path". That's why I thought maybe Acronis would work for the recovery of a damaged system.