Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: windows media creation tool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have unpacked the media creation tool  and completed the install. now what? do i click setup icon? i want to save onto the usb as i dont have any discs

[attachment=3298]

[attachment=3299]
After creating your bootable USB using the Windows Media Creation Tool, what you need to do is:

- Plug it into the computer you want to instal Windows on
- Change the boot order to boot from USB if you need to from the BIOS
- The installer should start automatically and you can select which drive to install on, partitions etc.

(Tip, apparently Windows USB installs work better using a USB 2.0 slot)

After completing the instal of Windows it is a good idea to create a restore point and back up, You can find out more about this by clicking on the link below:
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-make-full-backup-windows-10

Hope this helps, Let us know if you need more help.
the purpose of wanting to get the tool is to make sure i have something to boot into in case i have a no boot issue or other issue that prevents me from logging in. the pc already has been reinstalled due to a no boot issue. (it has been repaired) so do i click setup or leave it as is?
safety remove windows 10 installation flash drive put it in a safe place on still you need to reinstall windows

how safety remove flash drive read from step 2

in this case, I would not reinstall windows 10 because you just got back from the repair shop
yes, the OS was reinstalled during the repairs. good, so im guessing the usb is now ready in case i ever need to use it in case cant boot again ? i have to make really sure...since after 2 times forgot to set up the media creation tool.
yes the flash drive should be able reinstall windows if need be
good, thx a lot bro
I would boot into that flash drive just to test it if you have no other computer
good bro, cheers. now i have small peace of mind in case one day without warning, i cant boot or other issue that warrents me to use a recovery.

heres my restore point setup...for now, ill leave it be.

[attachment=3306]
Is this now solved?
Pages: 1 2