Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Cannot change Edge browser to Chrome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just had to totally reformat my hard drive and re-install Windows 10 1709 (os build 16299.15). I cannot find any way to change my default browser to Google Chrome. There is no option available in Settings /default apps. How can I do this. If someone knows how to do it in the registry, that would be great. It doesn't work well at all on my rig. I had Google Chrome installed before my re-format, with this particular build... What is going on with the new setup? It is absolutely impossible to find the option to change it. Please provide a way through powershell or in the registry to change it. Thanks.

1. open google chrome
  2. select the 3 dot on the upper right corner
  3. settings
  4. scroll down to make default web browser
  5. select make default
  6. select on Microsoft Edge
  7. select google chrome

[Image: 2EtolYY]

[Image: 2DR0jGa]

[Image: 2DNTc15]

[Image: 2DRaB93]
(01-31-2018, 11:22 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]
  1. open google chrome
  3. settings
  5. select make default

Tried that. It doesn't work. Takes me to settings ///Apps///Default apps and there is only Edge and Internet Explorer and get another app from the 'store". . No option for Chrome.

(02-01-2018, 04:50 AM)PaulIIII Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Compton' pid='28688' dateline='1517440921']
  1. open google chrome
  3. settings
  5. select make default

Ok. Re-installed Chrome...now I have it set as default. Guess the registry entries are not the same coming from a backup. THREAD CLOSED.