Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: When in Administrator account no desktop icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a problem in that I added an Administrator account to the login. I am running windows 10 1709 build (16299.192). I logged in and Windows 10 had the "Hello" screen that you see when first installing a new copy. Once I got to the desktop, I have very few desktop shortcuts compared to my "limited Admin account I normally use. Why? And how do I get all the desktop icons to be visible in the Administrator account? Thanks ahead of time.
If you're referring to the hidden administrators account, that's the way it's always been in Windows unless selecting something like 'install for all'.

In order to have desktop items in other accounts you can add them into the public folder;

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-winpc/windows-10-desktop-shortcuts-across-multiple-user/b705f4e0-e946-4360-8066-78f8146d6983?auth=1
Go to:

All Settings/ Personalization/ Themes/ Should see a blue link somewhere on the page that says "Change Desktop Icons"... Then check the icons that you want to be shown on the desktop.
If it's a new user account that you are referring to, its desktop would be different than that of the older account; it wouldn't contain the information of the older desktop
(01-24-2018, 06:02 PM)Partha Wrote: [ -> ]If it's a new user account that you are referring to, its desktop would be different than that of the older account; it wouldn't contain the information of the older desktop

How do I move all the content from my "other user" desktop to the "administrator" account?
Thread Closed...I figured it out. Just copied all my desktop to the administrator account.