Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Recommended processor and motherboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Brian,
Since the meltdown and spectre nightmare, I am thinking of building a new rig. I am going to want a 6 core 12 thread processor like the Core I7 8700k. I am unsure of if this processor is subject to the bug. Can you please recommend a good setup (need a gigabyte gaming motherboard and a 6 core 12 thread cpu (intel only). Would greatly appreciate some help on this choice. Thanks in advance!
Core i7 8700 is still vulnerable. Just wait and give time for duct to settle before you start splashing the cash.
(01-08-2018, 05:29 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Core i7 8700 is still vulnerable. Just wait and give time for duct to settle before you start splashing the cash.
Thanks for letting me know that. I guess no new processors that are not subject to the bug have been made? I thought your last computer build you said that that processor was not subject to the bug, if I am not mistaken. I will wait a while. Maybe the money tree will grow in my backyard soon.
I can give you a cutting or my money tree orchardĀ  Smile