Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Where to get windows product keys from?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the future I'm considering to build a new PC. The old windows I had on that machine was an oem version of win7 pro, which got upgraded to win10 pro.

So I'm going to need a new windows 10 pro version. I was thinking to buy a full retail version but I'm struggling to find online stores that sell them, or they are out of stock. Most seem to only sell the oem versions.

I remember Brian recommending a site for windows keys, but I've forgot which video it was. Any chance you can post the site name here so I can possibly buy a product code from there, after downloading win10 from the microsoft website?

Thanks for any help.
If you are re-installing Windows 10 on the same PC you can just use the media creation tool and it will activate automatically.

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
(01-03-2018, 04:44 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]If you are re-installing Windows 10 on the same PC you can just use the media creation tool and it will activate automatically.

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

I'm going to be using a different motherboard too.

I don't suppose its possible to take the current oem win10 pro product key and use it on a new install?
IN that case you will need to purchase a new Windows 10 key.

Purchase Windows 10 Product Key Here
(01-03-2018, 05:04 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]IN that case you will need to purchase a new Windows 10 key.

Ahh thanks mate. That's the site I remember from a while back Smile
(01-03-2018, 04:06 PM)BowdonUK Wrote: [ -> ]In the future I'm considering to build a new PC. The old windows I had on that machine was an oem version of win7 pro, which got upgraded to win10 pro.

So I'm going to need a new windows 10 pro version. I was thinking to buy a full retail version but I'm struggling to find online stores that sell them, or they are out of stock. Most seem to only sell the oem versions.

I remember Brian recommending a site for windows keys, but I've forgot which video it was. Any chance you can post the site name here so I can possibly buy a product code from there, after downloading win10 from the microsoft website?

Thanks for any help.

I remember this one.....https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

(01-03-2018, 11:17 PM)PaulIIII Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2018, 04:06 PM)BowdonUK Wrote: [ -> ]In the future I'm considering to build a new PC. The old windows I had on that machine was an oem version of win7 pro, which got upgraded to win10 pro.

Thanks for any help.

I remember this one.....https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfCMlxTQKY8
(01-03-2018, 06:57 PM)BowdonUK Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2018, 05:04 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]IN that case you will need to purchase a new Windows 10 key.

Ahh thanks mate. That's the site I remember from a while back Smile

Good luck and let us know how it goes!