Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Do these processes in windows need to be set as high priority?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was going through to see what my windows processes that are located in task manager are set to which i found winlogon and dwm (aka desktop windows manager) are both set to high priority  by default are these priorities a must have or can they both be changed to normal and if so how could i write a .bat file that runs each time windows starts so that i wont need to change any of the processes back to normal?

Specs Of System: https://speccy.piriform.com/results/rgJe2JYv42XEPWaMnF2bBXE

[attachment=3234]
It's supposed to be high priority 
Just leave them as they are; there's a reason why those services are categorized as  high priority by default
Oh alright i was thinking it was weird how desktop windows manager and winlogon are set high but windows explorer is set to normal when all in all explorer is a pretty important process due to how without explorer you just have a background on a monitor with hardware inside a tower that is making the background on the monitor even possible but ehh.

Alright thanks for the help guys
We can close the thread
Microsoft wants the login process to be uninterrupted in the sense that the other priority processes are made to wait until the login is taken care of