Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Recovery downgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guy's can anyone help me out, i upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1 on my hp laptop round 6 months ago so i can't roll  back to windows 8.1 and windows 10will not start up . [ Can i just  do a full reinstall from my windows  8.1 Recovery Media so ] I can get my laptop working again and will it  automatically re- activation gman help.
Hi gman,

You should be able to recover your computer from the Windows 8.1 recovery media partition. Because your computer was shipped with Windows 8 you should not have any problems with it re-activating.

If you wanted to you could download the Windows 10 installation media here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 and do a fresh install. It should also re-activate, unless you've done some major hardware changes!

How come your current system does not boot? Any error messages? We might be able to get it fixed if you tell us a little more...
welcome back jmitservices
JM? Am I dreaming?
I think you all must be dreaming... Big Grin