Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Upgrade to windows 10 on Dell Inspiron N5110
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have this computer that I want to update to windows 10 I went on the site to do the update and it diagnosed the computer to have enough Memory, Hard drive and CPU but the bios does not qualify if I go through the trouble of flashing the bois do you guys think the updated bois will qualify?

[attachment=3172]

Image Source 
Does the bios even need to qualify for the update?
(11-25-2017, 06:17 PM)Partha Wrote: [ -> ]Does the bios even need  to qualify for the update?

Well I'm assuming that it does, if it didn't it would not be in the list right?
Whats your hardware?
(11-25-2017, 06:44 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Whats your hardware?

I7 2670 QM at 2.20GHZ 4 core 6 G DDR3 333MHZ 500GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive Dell Inspiron N5110
What motherboard do you have?
(11-25-2017, 07:20 PM)RichTech Wrote: [ -> ]What motherboard do you have?
Trying to find out right now

All I know is its an Intel® Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller
It might be worth doing a BIOS update (version A11) (at your own risk!) to the latest version then trying to run the Windows 10 compatibility checker again.
Maybe the upgrade from 7 isn't supported; if there's no personal data on the C drive, I would advise a clean install of Windows 10 from an installation media
Like Jason said version A11 is needed and it will work, this post answers your question on your model Dell Inspiron N5110 hope this helps

[attachment=3173]

Image Source
Pages: 1 2