Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: closing a thread on own option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
maybe it was discussed before?? but in relation to threads being closed by admin or mod, it would be cool to have own option to close a thread by the OP -just click icon solved. or unsolved to leave thread open for furthur help. this would shave off a small part of burden for staff.
I think it was discussed some time back.

One of the main issues with that is when a spammer posts and selects close thread, it gets indexed as solved giving them the advertising they crave. But see what Admins have to say.

( plus not all members reply back )
(11-25-2017, 04:44 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote: [ -> ]I think it was discussed some time back.

One of the main issues with that is when a spammer posts and selects close thread, it gets indexed as solved giving them the advertising they crave. But see what Admins have to say.

( plus not all members reply back )

there must be some kind of plug in that automatically detects spam threads. if decide not to implement my suggestion, thats fine
also we have tried to get the solved plugin to work on this dreaded forum and it wont work, I really need to move to a new forum software but not got round to moving it
No real worries bri bro. As for new forum, i recommend mybb. Excellent platform
(11-25-2017, 07:24 PM)PrimeDirective64 Wrote: [ -> ]No real worries bri bro. As for new forum,  i recommend mybb. Excellent platform
This Forum is MyBB LOL
(11-25-2017, 09:47 PM)RichTech Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2017, 07:24 PM)PrimeDirective64 Wrote: [ -> ]No real worries bri bro. As for new forum,  i recommend mybb. Excellent platform
This Forum is MyBB LOL

DOH. I scrolled down and saw it is mybb, ok. It doesnt look like it on this tablet. Looks more like phpbb or even v bulletin. I get lazy and use tablet over pc during daytime
(11-25-2017, 11:25 PM)PrimeDirective64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2017, 09:47 PM)RichTech Wrote: [ -> ]
This Forum is MyBB LOL

DOH. I scrolled down and saw it is mybb, ok. It doesnt look like it on this tablet. Looks more like phpbb or even v bulletin. I get lazy and use tablet over pc during daytime
No worries PrimeDirective64. It happens to the best of us Wink
at this current time, I think the forum traffic is not that heavy I am sure admins can handle opening and closing

I am sure if admins do need more help they will ask
Forums are not as popular as they once was and like Compton said we are coping, we have a very close nit community that have used the forum for long time.
Pages: 1 2