Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Have to reset network adapter??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I have an Acer Laptop running windows 10 x64 - Many times after I power it off the night before when I turn it on in the morning the Wi-Fi icon
on the taskbar has a yellow symbol alerting me there is no internet connection. The only way I fix is go to control panel and reset the network adapter which I then have to Log off or reboot computer and then it fixes it - Is this common or why does it do this?? I have malwarebytes pro and emsisoft anti-malware just to let you know.

Just kind of annoying
Network issues in Win 10 are a common problem especially after an update, usually it's down to a generic driver which Windows uses as opposed to the net adaptors manufacturers driver, as a result a confliction can occur.
Windows can usually sort itself out after a week or so, but if you're really worried you can download the manufacturers driver and uninstall the current generic WiFi driver, then replace it with the manufacturers wifi driver.