Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: How can firewire do anything to enhance a computer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive had a couple computer nerds almost go crazy because of a computer having firewire and when i asked em whats the big deal (they didnt go into detail) they said that you can manipulate something with firewire to enhance a computer (but they didnt say what it enhances)

So my question is How can firewire enhance a computer?
As far as I know it's purely Data Transfer rate other than that IEEE 1394 won't do anything else.
(11-12-2017, 12:16 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know it's purely Data Transfer rate other than that IEEE 1394 won't do anything else.

Does the data transfer rate only have an effect when theres a cable plugged into firewire or can it be manipulated to where the data transfer rate can speed up data transfer rates through out the computer?
I know that firewire is great for a lot of high end sound mixers.
It's only if plugged into IEEE1394 port you can't manipulate it any other way, although if your friends say otherwise please find out and post back, I would love to know what they meant.