Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Unmountable boot volume. Can't get to c or d drive from windows 10 DVD.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Since we could still use the WiFi and router I was thinking that there was still data on the hard drive. Disappointing. Is it a good idea to go ahead and run the smart test on the hard drive?
(11-16-2017, 03:47 PM)Herbal meds Wrote: [ -> ]Since we could still use the WiFi and router I was thinking that there was still data on the hard drive. Disappointing. Is it a good idea to go ahead and run the smart test on the hard drive?
I'd rather install Windows on the drive. We can keep the tests for later
Is there any chance there is any retrievable data on the drive? Would something like Lazesoft recovery Home Edition possibly be able to find it. I know they list options for file recovery from deleted or formatted drives.
Got to check with significant other before I reformat and install. His computer.
(11-16-2017, 04:12 PM)Herbal meds Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any chance there is any retrievable data on the drive?
Yes, there is a chance but it's better if you  don't expect anything because we may not be able to recover any file
just hate to give up.
I understand
Thanks for understanding. I will try to not expect anything. For myself I need to know I did everything to recover data I could,The weekend is coming up and I will not be able to do anything till next week. I have let things slide, while learning and dealing with computer. Must catch up with home stuff. Thank you for all your help and patience. I hope you have a good weekend.
Thank you. I hope you have a nice weekend as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10