Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: ccleaner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what's everyone's views on CCleaner?

it has had a few problems recently with malware.

on my system both Kaspersky and Malwarebytes detected infections to do with CCleaner

is it still safe to use  at the moment or would it be best to remove it from the system ?
well this my on view on the security breach  it should not have happen and it being own by Avast

but things happen in life which CCleaner /avast could have done

but at the end of day we only could hope they learn from it

yes it still safe to run I would say yes

would I remove from a system I would say no

do I still trust CCleaner somewhat let's not judge them too hard on one security breach

but I do think its better to run the portable version

would make sure it up to date
I think you can trust CCleaner.
Is there anything else I should look out for after being infected with the malware that came with CCleaner? Malwarebytes and Kaspersky seem to have dealt with it

I think I might take your advice and use the portable version for the time being
well security  now did a video on what to look for but it should only affect 32bit system

but if you have 64bit system you can take a look

thanks will take a look a the video

been using CCleaner for years never had any problems before hopefully this will just be a one-off

whats the best Portable app program these days? I haven't used one for number of years.
I trust ccleaner
Piriform announced that they will be taking extra measures so that this doesn't happen again. Look, it's a software after all and they can have loopholes

If you still want to try something else, I would suggest a program called BleachBit. They offer a portable version too.
I trust CCleaner
Yeah I definitely would trust, a must have tool for IT Pros Smile

Also, admins, I would kindly suggest that this thread should be moved to General Discussion as there is no troubleshooting and repair, it is a discussion about software.
Pages: 1 2