Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Microsoft applications dont work anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When i started up my pc there popped something up before i could type my password.
I didnt know what it whas so i shut down my pc and when i started my pc up again all my microsoft apps dont work any more and most of them have a weird name example: ms-resource://.windows:/Skype
Some of them immediately close ,and when i start up word and powerpoint there comes an error saying that a file not was found and that it might help reinstalling it

hopefully someone can help me fix it
I would check to be sure that your hard drive is in good shape then try to perform a system restore.
just to add to Tim post
Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
Inside the command prompt, type sfc /scannow > Press 'Enter'
4. Reboot and test.
Compton your method didnt work it just said: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations
To Re-install all the Windows 10 built-in apps

Try this:

1. Open PowerShell as Administrator 
2. Paste this code in and press enter
Code:
Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Now Reboot your PC
I would like you to run a scan with Zemana Antimalware Free and let us know the results
https://www.zemana.com/AntiMalware

Click on "FREE DOWNLOAD" to download the free version, install it and run the scan