Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Linux Light That Writes to GPT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Using a Linux Live CD and recovering data from a Windows GPT parttition Tim is probably the hard way of doing it.
Well when I have a failing hard drive that will not mount in Windows to retrieve data I can sometimes mount that drive in Linix and get the data. I would like to pull the data from that drive straight onto the newly formatted Windows 10 machine however Linux will not write to a GPT partition.
(09-18-2017, 01:31 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]Well when I have a failing hard drive that will not mount in Windows to retrieve data I can sometimes mount that drive in Linix and get the data. I would like to pull the data from that drive straight onto the newly formatted Windows 10 machine however Linux will not wrote to a GPT partition.

Just to throw this out there... I had issues with recovering and transferring data VIA USB, So I modified an old Compaq by replacing the CD-Rom drives with 2 hard drive bays.

Like I said, just throwing my solution out there...

I also ran across this...May be worth checking out.

https://www.softwarecoupon.codes/utilities/76-aomei-dynamic-disk-converter-professional-edition.html
Pages: 1 2