Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Laptop Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi !

Has anyone had this issue?

Possibilities:

1. Screen
2. Cable pinched
3. Video card / chip
3. Inverter?

I really don't want to change every part so if someone has seen this "half-screen" issue
I'd really appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks[attachment=3017]
did you reinstall the video driver?

if you boot Linux how will it display?
(09-07-2017, 08:22 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]did you reinstall the video driver?

if you boot Linux how will it display?

Thx Compton I will try those two.
What brand Gaming Laptop is it? MSI?

If it was a driver, the mirror of the desktop would show a half screen as well. Looks to me like the backlight on one side of the screen has blown out, or it may be a bad inverter.

So what I would do, is check the input ribbon/cable that goes from the motherboard to the LCD panel...If you see damage replace the ribbon/cable...If you don't see any damage, replace the LCD panel. The new panel will include a built in inverter...
(09-07-2017, 09:23 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote: [ -> ]What brand Gaming Laptop is it? MSI?

If it was a driver, the mirror of the desktop would show a half screen as well. Looks to me like the backlight on one side of the screen has blown out, or it may be a bad inverter.

So what I would do, is check the input ribbon/cable that goes from the motherboard to the LCD panel...If you see damage replace the ribbon/cable...If you don't see any damage, replace the LCD panel. The new panel will include a built in inverter...

Thanks people! It was the cable from screen to mb bad.

Heart
(09-07-2017, 09:51 PM)zINc Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2017, 09:23 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote: [ -> ]What brand Gaming Laptop is it? MSI?

Thanks people! It was the cable from screen to mb bad.

Heart

Awesome!! Way to go zINc!!!!

Problem Solved...