Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Whats the red switch for in the back on the power supply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In the back of my dell dimension 8400 right by the power cable thats located on the power supply theres a red switch that looks like you have to get a flat head in order to switch it. Whats the switch for?
Voltage Selector switch.
Hi Smirk24,

According to the manual of your Computer, that is the voltage selection switch which inputs the voltage to yourpower supply

You would probably find this switch on different computers.
Sorry Smirk, It's not Tweakable... Big Grin
(07-28-2017, 11:50 AM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry Smirk, It's not Tweakable... Big Grin
@LarryTheComputerGuy Lol....
Smirk, you don't want to play with that red switch

because if you switch it to the wrong voltage you damage computer
We'll it should be larry lol im more familiar with computers now then i was back then and i believe i tampered with it back then and i was wondering if i have the voltage right but if i still have a working computer then its probably where it should be lol
If you're in the states Smirk24 you should have it set to 110v / 115v.
(07-28-2017, 12:07 PM)smirk24 Wrote: [ -> ]We'll it should be larry lol im more familiar with computers now then i was back then and i believe i tampered with it back then and i was wondering if i have the voltage right but if i still have a working computer then its probably where it should be lol

I figured you would get a laugh out of that one... Big Grin

That would be a good business name "Smirk'n PC Repair"
Thats a good business name but i already am going chris's pc assistance lol
Pages: 1 2