Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Farbar recovery scan tool has noticed possible viruses?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Certainly better than mine;

Curse!Review!Argue!Predict!Osmose!Neglect!Insist!Tell it off!

(07-24-2017, 07:55 PM)smirk24 Wrote: [ -> ]lol ahh i see. so what should i do?

Well you could try re-installing whatever software it was and removing it fully with Revo or if it has its own Uninstaller use that.

Or use something like https://www.voidtools.com/ search everything, you may need to use an older version.
Could Smirk reinstall crypto prevent, turn off the restrictions then uninstall crypto prevent again?
Could just reset the policies to default.
Gs, the uninstaller took up to almost 2 hours so i closed it of uninstalled it with geek restarted the computer and i still have the same thing going on.

Timster, how would i reset the policies? I used windows repair tool remove policies set by infection and uvks reset group policies and i still have the arrows with attention nest to the same files.
How to Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows XP and Vista  https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/reset-local-security-policy/

smirk24  you are working with XP which is like going down rabbit hole in today's world Smile
i dont have pro i have home edition so the cmd didnt work

secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\repair\secsetup.inf /db secsetup.sdb /verbose is the one i tried from the link givin above
I tried your fix and it still didnt work so i just started from scratch again thanks for your help guys we can close the thread.
  • Fix with FRST
    Make sure that you still have FRST.exe on your Desktop. If you do not have it, download the suitable version from here to your Desktop.

• Open Notepad.exe. Do not use any other text editor software;
    • Copy and Paste the contents off word docx into your Notepad --
    • Click on File > Save as...

• Inside the File Name box type fixlist.txt
      • From the Save as type drop down list, choose All Files
    • Save the file to your Desktop;
    • Re-run FRST.exe and click Fix;
Nice thank you britec we can close the thread Smile
Pages: 1 2