Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Something I had in mind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While I know this is going to be very controversial, I think that in cases extreme such as this forum which has a veeeery high amount of sleeper spammers I think this isn't a bad idea.

What do you guys think of deleting accounts with 0 posts that haven't logged in for at least 6 months?
(07-23-2017, 06:33 PM)UABF44 Wrote: [ -> ]While I know this is going to be very controversial, I think that in cases extreme such as this forum which has a veeeery high amount of sleeper spammers I think this isn't a bad idea.

What do you guys think of deleting accounts with 0 posts that haven't logged in for at least 6 months?

Good idea...
There is an issue there though when it comes to page rankings and seo. The more traffic coming to a site the better regardless of spam, it's just seen as traffic which is a page boost to a site.

If you were to remove all with 0 posts from waaaayy back you would have little left to be indexed.
(07-23-2017, 06:43 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote: [ -> ]There is an issue there though when it comes to page rankings and seo. The more traffic coming to a site the better regardless of spam, it's just seen as traffic which is a page boost to a site.

If you were to remove all with 0 posts from waaaayy back you would have little left to be indexed.

Good point GS...