Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: POSReady 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I thought you were talking about the tweak for windows xp home, pro editions and etc larry lol i was like i dont think britec can do that video without microsoft having a fit about it but yeah your talking about the actually os lol
(07-23-2017, 03:18 PM)smirk24 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought you were talking about the tweak for windows xp home, pro editions and etc larry lol i was like i dont think britec can do that video without microsoft having a fit about it but yeah your talking about the actually os lol

Hey Smirk,

The unofficial Service Pack 4... I actually don't have a clue how it works, how it's installed, or have even seen some kind of testing. I have just seen it pop up. I figured that since you like tinkering, it would be something you may want to check out. I am still looking for it amongst all the other stuff I am doing.
(07-23-2017, 06:47 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2017, 03:18 PM)smirk24 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought you were talking about the tweak for windows xp home, pro editions and etc larry lol i was like i dont think britec can do that video without microsoft having a fit about it but yeah your talking about the actually os lol

Hey Smirk,

The unofficial Service Pack 4... I actually don't have a clue how it works, how it's installed, or have even seen some kind of testing. I have just seen it pop up. I figured that since you like tinkering, it would be something you may want to check out. I am still looking for it amongst all the other stuff I am doing.

It works well Larry. It installs without a hitch. At least it has for me.
(07-23-2017, 09:41 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]

Hey Smirk,

Nice!, thanks!!! for the info Tim... I posted a thread with the link to download page..
(07-23-2017, 09:55 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2017, 09:41 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]

Hey Smirk,

Nice!, thanks!!! for the info Tim... I posted a thread with the link to download page..

Yep, we have stickied that.
With the pos ready hack should i just install the security patches and hide the .net frame work for pos2009 updates ? Im using xp home edition
(07-23-2017, 10:55 PM)smirk24 Wrote: [ -> ]With the pos ready hack should i just install the security patches and hide the .net frame work for pos2009 updates ? Im using xp home edition
Hi Smirk,

I would suggest you use .net framework as lots of programs require it.
Rec it wont effect the prior frame works? I have all the frame works for windows xp wouldnt pos2009 frameworks cause conflicts?
POSReady 2009 is just an even lighter version of Windows XP so no, they even share the same kernel.
Pages: 1 2