Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Do RAM QVL listings actually matter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
UABF44  no need to worry about memory speed that much speed really comes from the SSD

which you are going with you are all set to go Smile
Alright, thanks all.

As far the build goes, I've decided not to cheap out as much so I'm going to be waiting for the 300-series to get an i5 and Volta (when I pay for everything (including a new monitor to replace this 1080p VGA one) except the RAM, motherboard, CPU and the graphics card the new generations should hopefully arrive by then.)
Awesome...Let us know how it goes.
Definitely, I've already ordered an anti static wrist band + anti static mat, so I'm not trolling. Big Grin Also after some research I'm going for the cheaper Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 Single Rank RAM (CT2K8G4DFS824A), no need to spend money on more to get less. And that's about it, I'll update ya'll when I finally get all the parts, starting August I'll start buying minor parts (such as the cooler, thermal compound, case, PSU (yes I know not really minor but I think you get my point)), then move to stuff like RAM and the monitor and then finally the CPU (the 300-series should be LGA1511-vX so I think that the NH-L9x65 will be compatible), motherboard and the video card when the new generations launch.

Worst part definitely has to be installing Windows though; I miss Windows 7 sometimes
(07-20-2017, 02:39 PM)UABF44 Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely, I've already ordered an anti static wrist band + anti static mat, so I'm not trolling. Big Grin Also after some research I'm going for the cheaper Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 Single Rank RAM (CT2K8G4DFS824A), no need to spend money on more to get less. And that's about it, I'll update ya'll when I finally get all the parts, starting August I'll start buying minor parts (such as the cooler, thermal compound, case, PSU (yes I know not really minor but I think you get my point)), then move to stuff like RAM and the monitor and then finally the CPU (the 300-series should be LGA1511-vX so I think that the NH-L9x65 will be compatible), motherboard and the video card when the new generations launch.

Worst part definitely has to be installing Windows though; I miss Windows 7 sometimes

Oh, no worries with the cheaper Crucial RAM... I bought a 2x2GB DDR2 kit for this machine "that I throw a lot at" 13 years ago and the RAM is just fine... I almost forgot! I also added aluminum heat spreaders on the RAM too..."Guess they help"...lol
Pages: 1 2