Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Recover Register Windows Xp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,

I have a pc on which Windows XP is installed. I tried to install a Ubuntu partition which stopped after an error occurred.
After that, i could not boot my laptop anymore. More specifically, few seconds after the appearance of the windows logo i get the error:

STOP:c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The session Manager Inizialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

I then tried to use Hiren`s boot following online suggestions. I lunched Registry Editor PE but the hard drive where windows is cannot be read. The error is:

c:\ is not accessible.
This file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

I also tried with Registry Restore Wizard but i get:

runtime error 52.
bad file name or number.

I begin to be worried as i do not have backups for the last months. I am not really a computer expert and the problem seems to get quite specific so that i cannot find any more suggestions on internet (at least easily). Is there a way i can use a program in Hiren`s boot that can deal with my problem? Or any other solution?

Thank you very much.

mauro
Hi Mauro,

Try taking a look at this error on Microsoft website, it give suggestions of a fix.

Here are some Links that may help you in your quest in fixing this issue.

Error Message: Stop c000021a {Fatal System Error} 

How to troubleshoot a "STOP 0xC000021A" error

Fixing Stop Error C000021a in Windows

Microsoft ended support for Windows XP on April 8, 2014. This change has affected your software updates and security options. 
Thank you for the links.

I actually made a little progress: I run chkdsk /f in miniWindows XP and i can now at least access the hard drive.
But the error c000021a remains.

I went through the links, but they are way too technical for me. I can now even run the Registry Editor PE but, to be honest, i do not know what to do with it.
Without a more general procedure available i think i will have to save the important files and give up on the laptop.

Thank you for your help,

mauro
If your not technical minded, backup data and wipe/format the machine back to default settings.
If after you have rebuilt the operating system and your still having issues, its a strong possibility its hardware related.

Do you have Recovery Partition or Recovery CD? 
Whats the make and model of the Computer/Laptop and we can help you do this process if you don't know how.