Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Router and Internet issues!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello,

So for the last week or so I've been having issues with my router which I've only had for about a year or so. The signal keeps going in and out causing the internet to go down temporarily (Maybe for 20 secs or so then it will reconnect, very annoying...).

My router: NETGEAR R6250 Smart WIFI Router - AC1600 DB Gigabit

My troubleshooting attempts and what I've done:

Reset the router using the reset button
Unplugged the router for 10 seconds or so
Updated the latest firmware for the router
Used a different network plug (Back of router)
Disconnected other devices...I have a total of 7 connected at the moment

Before I had these issues the last thing I remember doing was a full system clean using different programs which include:

Malwarebytes
CCleaner
SUPERAntiSpyware
What ISP are you using?

The problems could be related to your area.
(07-01-2017, 10:24 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote: [ -> ]What ISP are you using?

The problems could be related to your area.

I'm using wow! cable formally known as Knology....

There's also been a surplus of rain in my area as well

I've had bad weather before while using different routers/modems at the time but the router would never cut out like this...not this often at least

My other question is, besides checking into my ISP, are there other ways to troubleshoot this issue quicker?
How many Routers and Modems are you using when this issue happens? It could be that if you have loads of routers and modems running at the same time, there could be conflicts.
Most routers today have a modems built in with it. But your router hasn't got that..

How is your network setup? What and how many modems do you have connected up?

Also I would check with wow to make sure there is not fault in your area!
you said had surplus rain did you get lighting and flashing also

lighting could hit modem / router and damage it
(07-02-2017, 12:08 AM)RECdevicehelper Wrote: [ -> ]How many Routers and Modems are you using when this issue happens? It could be that if you have loads of routers and modems running at the same time, there could be conflicts.
Most routers today have a modems built in with it. But your router hasn't got that..

How is your network setup? What and how many modems do you have connected up?

Also I would check with wow to make sure there is not fault in your area!

I have only one modem connected. And ok sure!

(07-02-2017, 01:32 AM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]you said had  surplus rain  did you get lighting and flashing also

lighting could hit modem / router and damage  it

Yeah it was pretty bad but I don't recall there being a power outage due to the lighting/thunder...

If for some reason it was damaged due to the weather, what would you suggest? Buy a new a router?
ok do you use any Dsl filters?
(07-02-2017, 03:35 AM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]ok do you use  any Dsl filters?

No I don't
do you have telephone service with the same company?

if yes then without a Dsl filter the telephone and Dsl signal could have interference with each other

you also could get interference from other stuff which could cause your internet to drop out
(07-02-2017, 07:51 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]do you have telephone service with the same company?

if yes  then without a Dsl filter  the telephone and Dsl signal could have interference with each other

you also could get  interference from other stuff which could cause your internet to drop out

Should I disconnect some of the other devices hooked up?

I only have telephone and internet
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5