Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Installing hhd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello i recently brought a 1tb hhd for my computer i put it into my computer when i try an start my computer i cant get into windows all i get is a blank screen asking to reboot or boot up options and press any key can you help please
Are you using it as a secondary drive or your main Windows drive?
(06-29-2017, 06:20 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using it as a secondary drive or your main Windows drive?

iwas hoping as a main hhd to replace my 500gb hhd
So do you want to do a fresh install or clone your old drive to your new drive? 
(06-29-2017, 06:51 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]So do you want to do a fresh install or clone your old drive to your new drive? 

after i put my original hhd back in my computer i'm going to use it has a second hhd but i need another cable, i have power cable but need the other to motherboard and to hhd what is the cable called
well if you buy a new hard drive you need to install windows onto it

it will not come with windows pre install  

you would  need a sata+cable

if you would like to use the old hard drive
(06-29-2017, 08:19 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]well if you buy a new hard drive you need to install windows onto it

it will not come with windows pre install  

you would  need a sata+cable

if you would like to use the old hard drive

Hello i have my new case put psu and optical drive just waiting for motherboard, does it matter what sata cable i need ie demale or male confused on it
any standard sata cable would work
(07-14-2017, 07:11 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]any standard sata cable would work

Ok cool why does it say male or female
(07-14-2017, 07:30 PM)Martin2781 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2017, 07:11 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]any standard sata cable would work

Ok cool why does it say male or female

Why does what say male or female?
Pages: 1 2