Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: 7 zip archive lost password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone

I have some photos in a 7 zip archive that I have forgotten password .

is there any way I can recover it?

Thanks
olly
I think the best way would be if you try to remember with a calm mind when you're alone. Just take a piece of paper and write all the passwords that you can remember and, try them one by one
What did you use to create the password and is it on the zip folder only?
(06-28-2017, 01:42 PM)Partha Wrote: [ -> ]I think the best way would be if you try to remember with a calm mind when you're alone. Just take a piece of paper and write all the passwords that you can remember and, try them one by one

I've tried that  Smile

(06-28-2017, 02:20 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote: [ -> ]What did you use to create the password and is it on the zip folder only?

yes it is on the zip folder only

used 7 zip
I've never used it so be very careful but you could try 7zip cracker;

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/crack-7zip-password-protected-archive-hack/
A lot of them tools can carry malware so be careful, I have used John the Ripper many times and found it good at that type of job.
(06-28-2017, 09:14 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]A lot of them tools can carry malware so be careful, I have used John the Ripper many times and found it good at that type of job.

I've got John the Ripper loaded but not sure how to use it

(06-30-2017, 06:07 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]

I was trying to use the windows version would I be better using Linux version? As in the video

Didn't understand about creating the hash's in the windows version wasn't sure how to do that part . And then run it to recover the password

Thanks for your help so far
(06-30-2017, 07:49 PM)monkey85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2017, 06:07 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]

I was trying to use the windows version would I be better using Linux version? As in the video

Didn't understand about creating the hash's in the windows version wasn't sure how to do that part . And then run it to recover the password

Thanks for your help so far

Still can't figure out how to use John the ripper . Will have to wait till my brain remembers the password
Pages: 1 2