Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows 7 logon profile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there everyone,

Hope someone can help me with my old laptop running windows 7 pro.

The issue is that I can not logon to my profile, the error says ''The Group Policy Client Service Failed The Logon. Access Denied.'', I did get the same error on my main profile and fixed that error with a reg edit alteration but when I did the same reg edit fix for my other profile it did not work Sad.

I have important docs on the profile desktop without any back up, now I'm aware of deleting the profile to solve the issue but is there a way to back up that profile to save everything on it images, docs etc.

Does anyone know a easy way that of saving the profile or regain access to it? thanks in advance for any help on the subject.

Thanks

lee
it's a bit of a old video but should still work

boot into command prompt How to boot to Command Prompt in Windows XP, 7 and 8

create a new user profile Create an Admin User Account Using CMD Prompt (Windows)

the download link for Windows Enabler Windows Enabler
Hi Compton,

Thank you for the information but I had no luck Sad. I cant follow the video guide because now I cant see the User Accounts other than my main account, I did do another account and named it "Recovery" but it doesn't show up in the "users" window even though I have 3 user accounts already on the machine.

I have a images to show what I mean.

Thanks

Lee
ok this should work

Example

select on which user profile you would like to backup  

[attachment=2779]
Hi there Compton,

Thank you again but Gotcha Backup hasn't seen the "User Profile" that I need the information from Sad I did run the program and checked everything and backed it all up but it didn't get the stuff I needed.

Is there anything else I can try? the user profile I am trying to backup/recover and has college work on it that I need, there must be a work around I'm hoping if you have anymore suggestions?.

Thank you for your patience Smile

Lee
its should be easy to get documents on desktop

1. select start computer
  2. select local disk C
  3. select user
  4. select on user you want
  5. select desktop
  6. copy & paste what you need  

[attachment=2780]

[attachment=2781]

[attachment=2782]
Hi there Compton,

[SOLVED]

Thank you for all your help on this, with your help I managed to get all my course work back Smile.

I must say that I did try your last method first many times but for some reason my files did not show up? but this time they showed up, I don't know why?.

Thank you for your patience and advice.

[SOLVED]

Thanks

Lee
Glad you got it resolved - Thread Closed
its important to remember to backup your data because you never know when a system can become corrupted