Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: random display changes dvi to vga
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i recently running a GeForce 550ti gpu ran great, good fps in games  once in awhile the display will shutdown and switch it self from dvi to vga input, even running a direct dvi cable from pc to monitor i changed to a different gpu and not having problems after that, anyone in chat knows why it does that. your answers will help greatly a question of a problem nobody maybe not heard about.
have you updated video drivers?
(05-18-2017, 04:17 AM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]have you updated video drivers?

yes updated with the drivers nivida posted
ok when will its happen when running a pacific program ?
How do you know your cards video output is actually switching? I mean, if you have your video monitor cable plugged into the VGA port on the video card does the display just go out?
(05-18-2017, 01:45 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]How do you know your cards video output is actually switching? I mean, if you have your video monitor cable plugged into the VGA port on the video card does the display just go out?

how i find out my asus monitor works both vga or dvi thats when i click it to see if it changed the 550ti has 2 dvi ports and mini hdmi port on it but whats strange when it does run with dvi i could be running alot one day ill power up my pc and it happens again not like its all the time.
(05-18-2017, 05:00 PM)basher2342000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2017, 01:45 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]How do you know your cards video output is actually switching? I mean, if you have your video monitor cable plugged into the VGA port on the video card does the display just go out?

how i find out my asus monitor works both vga or dvi thats when i click it to see if it changed the 550ti has 2 dvi ports and mini hdmi port on it but whats strange when it does run with dvi i could be running alot one day ill power up my pc and it happens again not like its all the time.

So your 550ti has 2 dvi ports and one mini hdmi. Where are you getting vga output from?
(05-18-2017, 07:29 PM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-18-2017, 05:00 PM)basher2342000 Wrote: [ -> ]

So your 550ti has 2 dvi ports and one mini hdmi. Where are you getting vga output from?

dont know where the vga is coming from i run only dvi not vga my asus monitor has a vga and dvi port i never use vga on anything

the problem is only on nivida cards, im running a amd 5700 card now, and i have no problem that it is on dvi and not vga
(05-18-2017, 11:01 AM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]ok when  will its happen  when running a pacific program ?

it happened when i was playing the crew game but at times it would do it as i power up my computer
I have seen an issue like this before where the display starts to cycling through input modes VGA > DVI > HDMI randomly on bootup. This can happen on TV'S as well where it will cycle through input modes.

Possible Culprits
  • Bad VGA > DVI > HDMI cable whatever cable you're using is bad
  • Bad VGA > DVI > HDMI port on the PC or Laptop
  • Bad VGA > DVI > HDMI Port on the Graphics Card try another port
  • Bad VGA > DVI > HDMI Adaptor or Convertor
  • Bent Pins on cable or port
  • Bad VGA > DVI > HDMI port on the Monitor
  • Bad Driver install, clean out old driver and reinstall 
Also, check for settings in BIOS and on the Monitor or TV.

Hope this helps you out.
Pages: 1 2