Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Acer Aspire All-In-One With No Display
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey guys... Here's one for ya's

An Acer Aspire Z3-605 All-In-One PC came in the other day going into a repair boot loop. Pulled the drive and it tested bad on the bench machine. Cloning failed, Making an image VIA Linux failed, drive not accessible in Windows, and remapping sectors did nothing. I was however able to recover files from the primary partition with my file recovery software.

This is not the mystery though... The mystery is that after booting it a few times display has totally stopped. Acer support will tell you this is a driver or hard drive issue, but I booted it twice...Once with Windows 8.1 USB, and Windows 10 USB with no display issue. I have ordered the Acer eRecovery Disks for it hoping this resolves the problem.

((I tried installing both 8.1 and 10 because I did not yet verify with the customer what OS was installed, I verified today it was Windows 10))

So my question is... Has anyone here had the privilege in dealing with an ACER All-In-One with this issue? And if so "What's the trick?" lol
ok after you recover the files did you boot windows 7 8.1 from the same hard drive

or did you use difference hard drive? it could be that you need to reset the bios by removing the cmos battery
(05-13-2017, 11:38 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]ok after you recover the files did you boot   windows 7  8.1 from the same hard drive

or did you use difference hard drive? it could be that you need to reset the bios by removing  the cmos battery

Both the original and a spare GPT formatted drive. I think the UEFI partition is corrupt. Already cleared CMOS by removing battery.
ok just to be clear when you say no display do you mean no display at all when turning on computer

or no display when booting into windows?
(05-14-2017, 12:00 AM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]ok just  to be clear when you say no display do you mean no display at all when turning on computer

or no display when booting into windows?

No display at all...

I am tearing it down now. It's common for the ribbon cable connection to come loose, this one doesn't even look like it's taped down.
yeah its sounds more like a hardware problem could be a bad display

did you try to plug it into a monitor using vga or hdmi
(05-14-2017, 12:13 AM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]yeah its sounds more like a hardware problem could be a bad display

did you try to plug it into a monitor using vga or hdmi

It only has HDMI "out", but without seeing the screen, I cannot switch to HDMI output...lol
Acer manual says "ctrl+F" to switch to HDMI only...no joy there either.

All-In-Ones = yuck!!
Disconnect the display from the motherboard that way it will default to the monitor
(05-14-2017, 01:20 AM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]Disconnect the display from the motherboard that way it will default to the monitor

lol....nope

I even did a complete tear down, checked and taped all the cables....
well that tell me its the motherboard or memory

try swapping memory also try swapping power adopter
Pages: 1 2 3 4