Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: What services can be disabled in windows 10 home 1703?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As most of us know there are quiet a few new services so I'm curious to know which services I can disable in the list that I have added below which ones should be set to automatic and which ones can be set to manual?

(I'm aware of blackvipers website but it seems like with windows 10 there's very few services that can be disabled and I also noticed there quiet a few services like server,windows search and so fourth are set to automatic but I don't do file sharing at all among my network also if a service is on but I don't have use for it id like to turn it off because I would like windows 10 to run smoothly as possible with my cpu and ram being used for programs, games, updates)

(Notes: I'm not trying to make my system run faster I'm just trying to turn off unneeded services and settings in the new version of Windows 10 Home 1703)

[attachment=2737]

https://speccy.piriform.com/results/3QxevNZAyFMxezz1HlvV77Z

[attachment=2738]
this is my take on it you should not disable too much services because things are more easy to break if you disable services

because of the way windows 10 is build
I have done two videos on windows 10 services 
I noticed a quiet a few different services that wernt listed in your videos so i thought id ask. Thank you for your input

We can close the thread
I think Britec create a general video on the matter

the thing you have to keep in mind is which services you should disable will be base on how you use your system