Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: SD Memory Card Reader Stopped Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My multicard reader isnt working but i have no yellow on my drivers

[attachment=2696]

[attachment=2697]

[attachment=2698]

[attachment=2699]
Does anything you own work smirk? Lol

Insert a card into the card reader and expand the ide / atapi controller tree in dev manager.
Nothing happens at all, if i couldnt see the card for myself i wouldnt know it was even connected

[attachment=2700]

thats what happens when you collect other peoples computer that tamper with the pc before hand. For instance a quarter of a wifi adapter being plugged in to pci slot and on another computer it was ram sticks, there was 4 ram sticks that equaled 3gb but only showed up as 2gb ram because they were half way installed in the machine.
remove the card then right click on card render in the device manager  select uninstall restart system
Here is a full post that will help diagnose your memory card reader and determine if it needs replacing or fixable. 

Troubleshooting Memory Card Readers
They are very cheap to replace as well

[attachment=2701]

https://amzn.to/2p7afGS
Is there away I can find the software for the multicard reader? Hp/Compaq ended support for the computer
Can you give me the VID number? is it USB\VID_058F&PID_6362

If it is the above here is the driver
Thats the right driver yes. but for some reason my usb part of the multi card reader still doesnt work but the sd card slot does. the picture below is the numbers off of the multicard reader

(Note: the picture below is the numbers off of the multicard reader)

[attachment=2702]
The VID information is located in device nanager
Pages: 1 2