Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Can I use secure ease on SSD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I am just wondering, do I need to secure erase my ssd every time before performing a clean install of windows or can I just install windows normally? Is it a good thing to secure erase a ssd every time before installing windows?

Kind regards

RECdevicehelper
(03-07-2017, 09:41 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

I am just wondering, do I need to secure erase my ssd every time before performing a clean install of windows or can I just install windows normally? Is it a good thing to secure erase a ssd every time before installing windows?

Kind regards

RECdevicehelper

If this is your machine and you're going to be reinstalling the OS often, I would just install it normally. I have always recommended erasing the whole drive before an install, but in this case, I would not because constantly erasing the SSD would shorten the life of the drive.
would just do a clean I would only do a secure erase if I am selling the hard drive
Yeah I would let Windows format the drive during the new install
title change from Samsung 850 EVO 2.5 inch SSD to do i need to secure ease SSD hard drive before performing a clean install of windows
Thanks guys!!!! Smile

Question solved - Thread Closed
TRIM command will take care of overwriting data so its non-recoverable