Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Samsung 850 EVO 2.5 inch SSD Read and Write
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

I have just ran CrystalDiskMark on my Samsung 850 EVO SSD. I thought the results were good, but i would like a second opinion. Do you think the drive is achieving full speed?
Also for the record, I performed diskpart clean all and performed a clean install of windows 10. I know it is not good to use clean all on a SSD OFTEN, So I just wanted a second opinion about the speeds. Here is a picture of the results!
[attachment=2536]

Many Thanks

RECdevicehelper
mine is around read speed is 1 GB/seconds and write speed is 1 GB/seconds with SSD on windows 7 couple years
its doing pretty good I would say

Max. Sequential Read Speed

Read: Up to 540 MB

Max. Sequential Write Speed

Write: Up to 520 MB
Ok the write is a little low? Why is that?
Your EVO is running above the max (Stock) read speeds, and just a bit slow on write speeds. Very good results... You can get more speed by using Rapid Mode within the Magician Software, the results vary depending on your system.
1 x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB Basic. 2.5" SATA 6 GB/s / 3D V-NAND / Samsung 3core MGX / 540 MB/s read, 520 MB/s write / 98K IOPS / 2Mh MTBF / 256-Bit-AES

Looks ok to me.
WOW!!! That Rapid Mode is AWESOME!!!! Smile

MY Score has increased so much, it unbelievable  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile

[attachment=2537]
lol @ REC... Yeah, it's pretty awesome...
(03-07-2017, 08:01 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote: [ -> ]WOW!!! That Rapid Mode is AWESOME!!!! Smile

MY Score has increased so much, it unbelievable  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile

Nice!
(03-07-2017, 11:35 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote: [ -> ]lol @ REC... Yeah, it's pretty awesome...
yeah I think I went a bit crazy when I found out those results lol lol Big Grin

(03-08-2017, 02:11 AM)Timster Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2017, 08:01 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote: [ -> ]WOW!!! That Rapid Mode is AWESOME!!!! Smile

Nice!
Cheers Timster, Samsung do make awesome drives!!!! Smile

Also Britec? I noticed you had the same SSD as me from a video I watched on your channel! Correct me if I am wrong. If you do have the same one, I would highly recommend rapid mode Smile
Pages: 1 2