Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Is spyware terminator a safe program?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i stumbled upon a website and found people saying spyware terminator is a good antispyware program to use so i downloaded then installed, i updated the program and updates ran a scan which found some files which i looked over the files were something to be removed so i gave spyware terminator the ok to do so.

the real time protection provided by spyware terminator seems to work ok until i reviewed the list of black listed files (listed below)
twinui.dll - signed by microsoft
aswhooka.dll -signed by avast
wininetlui.dll - signed by microsoft

my system specs: https://speccy.piriform.com/results/chzMwf1r1qWJIecg5ww64E7

[attachment=2508]
In itself it's safe to use (and used to be a good program til it became bloated). Those VT readings are for the setup file and are reading as PUA / PUP so there may be a toolbar or something unwanted in the setup.

The teatime (if it still uses it) function might slow your system down, it usually does.
Yeah i did notice it was bundled with non sense. But it does seem like a legit program regardless of some crap it trys to install so for the not so computer savy people out there should install unchecky before installing spyware terminator. But anyways yeah i just wanted a second opinion about it thank you guilty spark.

So for the avast and Microsoft dlls it keeps blocking should i just white listem?
Yea you should be OK with those DLLs as they are legit (some may not be necessary, you can argue one way or t'other on that one) but shouldn't be a problem. I think the avast one may have something to do with the web protection / site monitor but am not 100%.
Oh okay i was asking because spyware terminator blocked those dlls from running on my system