Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Why does wh downloader have 4 windows 8.1 updates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ive been noticing my browsers having not responding issues and im wondering if it has something to do with using windows 8.1 v2. Of the updates is why i ask

https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Windows-Hotfix-Downloader.shtml
perform a clean boot then check to see if the problem is still there
Windows Update3 is a 'Roll-Up' (like a service pack) for 8.1.

The others are probably just patches for an issue not included or showing after the 'Roll-Up'.

Quote:Ive been noticing my browsers having not responding issues and im wondering if it has something to do with using windows 8.1 v2. Of the updates is why i ask
This could be because WHDownloader uses .NET Framework which can have a slowdown affect due to the resources being used.
personally i have switched to Linux because checking for updates
after clean install Windows 8.1 with spring update preinstalled, then i installed KB3112336, then i tried installed all updates and then many some updates are not installed and wasted of time a month ago that's why i switched to Linux
Oh okay thank you guilty spark and f23948. Guilty spark so should i uninstall .net framework?
(02-16-2017, 05:12 PM)smirk24 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh okay thank you guilty spark and f23948. Guilty spark so should i uninstall .net framework?

No. You will definitely need this for normal functions in Windows.
Oh okay thank you guilty spark.
ok you are downloading windows 8.1 updates then integrating them into windows 8.1 iso?
Pages: 1 2