Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: How to Remove Temp Files without using 3rd Party Tools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
if you would like to view images in this tutorial please register a account on the forum

1. Right click the Start Button and select Run
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1961]

2. Then in the run box, type %temp% and click OK
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1964]

3. Once the Windows explorer appears, highlight everything and delete it! (If you can't delete some items, that is fine, this is normal)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1965]

4. Open the Run box again and type temp

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1966]

Then follow same procedure above to remove the files.

Once you have done that, there should be no more temp files!

RECdevicehelper
Nice Rec
great job
Nice REC, you can also clean up Prefetch the same way....
Thanks REC
(01-24-2017, 02:15 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Nice REC, you can also clean up Prefetch the same way....
Yes you can ...
(01-24-2017, 02:15 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Nice REC, you can also clean up Prefetch the same way....

There's no need to clean the contents of the Prefetch folder. Check the following link for more information

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-update/can-i-delete-the-data-in-the-prefetch-folder/c54a8e56-c8cf-451d-a88f-07f06a2f2d54

Very nice, REC
(01-24-2017, 07:50 PM)Partha Wrote: [ -> ]

There's no need to clean the contents of the Prefetch folder. Check the following link for more information

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-update/can-i-delete-the-data-in-the-prefetch-folder/c54a8e56-c8cf-451d-a88f-07f06a2f2d54

Very nice, REC

I would if I was doing a complete cleanup on a system....Especially after malware removal.
(01-24-2017, 08:53 PM)LarryTheComputerGuy Wrote: [ -> ]I would if I was doing a complete cleanup on a system....Especially after malware removal.

Okay.