Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Enable Network Card OnBoard Processor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whats this about nic's with an onboard processor and how do find out if your nic has an onboard processor does anyone know?
It all depends on if your network adapter has an integrated on-board processor, if so it can help process a lot of networking functions. Which will help free up your CPU so it can be use for other tasks and increase performance.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

Value Name: DisableTaskOffload

DWORD Value: 0 = Use NIC Processor, 1 = Disable NIC Processor
How do i know if i have one? does this work with integrated network cards and does the network card need to be in use in order for it to work?
Alright so i have my system setup to use the nic processor which im assuming it supports because the key was already in the registry but i went into my device manager and in the advanced section of my network work card theres a setting optimal performance which i want to enable but im not sure how it would effect my nic processor and my fixed/static address?
Just enable it and if your computer has the ability to utilize it, you will get the benefit from having it enabled.
I enabled it on all my machines and i noticed an improvement on each of them especially my hp dx7300 slim tower
Are they Intel Pro NIC's?
Intel 82566DM Gigabit Network Connection -hp dx7300

Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC-dell dimension 5150

Integrated 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet LAN-hp 15 f272wm
Ive Been Doing research on Enable Network Card On Board Processor and i stumbled upon this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/951037.

So is there more that needs to be done to get the full benefit of the disabletaskoffloading feature?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

Value Name: DisableTaskOffload

DWORD Value: 0 = Use NIC Processor, 1 = Disable NIC Processor

[attachment=2359]
Scratch that chimney is different from taskoffload lol
Pages: 1 2