Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: BIOS Password Backdoors in DELL Laptops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hope u can help ive been trolling the net for days now+came across urs+a feel safe+not dealing with cowboys, my dell inspiron 1545 laptop, every time a switch it on it comes up a grey screen with numbers etc+wanting a password(whicha Dnt have)
My daughter is going into hospital for acouple off weeks+she needs this laptop 4 her homework+entertainment, a cannot afford to put it in for repair so iam hoping, praying+begging ul be able to resolve this thx
urs truly A.Kelly
Hi alliekay,

Welcome to Britec forums.

Can you give us any more information on the grey screen? what numbers etc? Any chance you can post a pic of what you see?
Sounds like maybe a Security password set in your Bios.
Hi AllieKay, Welcome to the forum.

Does the screen look like this?:

[Image: 3250.20120807_5F00_092102.jpg]

We really need more info so we can help you.
(11-03-2014, 10:51 PM)GuiltySpark Wrote: [ -> ]Hi alliekay,

Welcome to Britec forums.

Can you give us any more information on the grey screen? what numbers etc? Any chance you can post a pic of what you see?

It says #B5D7BH1-595B it might be a password set in my bios not to sure, cant show pic,soz  thx

Yes thts the screen that comes up can u help me plzzz
Easiest way is to call Dell and quote model number and probably that password number.

Alternatively try entering "Dell" (minus quotes) as the password. (it doesn't always work though)
(11-04-2014, 07:10 AM)zINc Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like maybe a Security password set in your Bios.

How do a fix it plz Wink

How can a fix this plz Wink
I agree with GuiltySpark ... Try giving Dell support a call.
You are lucky to have #B5D7BH1-595B there is free tool to reset that.

DELL Serial Numbers 
BIOS Password Backdoors in Laptops

Warning: You use this reset method at your own risk. I Britec will not be held responsible if you lose data or damage your computer.