Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: How to get back to originally Windows 10 from Windows 8.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I had an issue with windows 10 got stuck. I shut down and restarted the system same it is stuck. When clicking on files / folders, nothing happens. I took my laptop to a computer shop, and they did format and installed windows 8.1. I asked a college said the computer shop might have installed unregistered copy of windows 8.1 Now I am having issues checking for updates, installing Visual Studio...

I need a help with suggestion and advice please.

Thank you.
Sal

Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
Inside the command prompt, type sfc /scannow > Press 'Enter'
4. Reboot and test.

[Image: FRST.png] Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to your Desktop.
  • Right-click on [Image: FRST.png] icon and select [Image: RunAsAdmin.jpg] Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
(12-18-2016, 01:47 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]

Perform SFC scan

Thank you for your help. Appreciated.
I have uploaded msinfo details file.

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
Inside the command prompt, type sfc /scannow > Press 'Enter'
4. Reboot and test.

[Image: FRST.png] Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to your Desktop.
  • Right-click on [Image: FRST.png] icon and select [Image: RunAsAdmin.jpg] Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
If you had Windows 10 running good on there before I would recommend installing a fresh copy of Windows 10. It should automatically activate since you had it installed before on the system.
saltuwaiya post the log file on this Thread
Hi Sal,

I would suggest you perform a clean install of Windows 10 if that was your previous OS. A clean install will install a fresh copy of windows on your Hard drive or SSD and restore your previous OS

Download the media creation tool to create a bootable USB or CD/DVD: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Watch this video on how to perform a clean install of Windows 10 (All credit and Right goes to Britec)

Also please post the log file on this thread like Compton suggested, also post your system specs using speccy as well using the link below:
How to Find Your Full System Specs Using Speccy