Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Popcorn Time Ransomware .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just been reading about this nasty ransomware on Wired. It will decrypt your files if you infect two other users. https://www.wired.com/2016/12/popcorn-time-ransomware/?mbid=social_twitter
(12-17-2016, 04:00 PM)John Red Wrote: [ -> ]Just been reading about this nasty ransomware on Wired. It will decrypt your files if you infect two other users. https://www.wired.com/2016/12/popcorn-time-ransomware/?mbid=social_twitter

Now that's some creative thinking by the makers! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for sharing
Very Interesting!

I wouldn't fall for it and besides if you do infect two other user, if they find out it was you, you can get yourself into a lot of trouble Sad
(12-17-2016, 06:27 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote: [ -> ]Very Interesting!

I wouldn't fall for it and besides if you do infect two other user, if they find out it was you, you can get yourself into a lot of trouble Sad

There are a lot of ransomware about nowadays.
(12-18-2016, 08:48 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]

I know, bloody cyber criminals, how dare you deceive the people, you have no class Sad
(12-18-2016, 09:06 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2016, 08:48 PM)Britec Wrote: [ -> ]

I know, bloody cyber criminals, how dare you deceive the people, you have no class Sad

I am not deceiving people? what do you mean I have no class? are you taking the piss?
Britec Wrote:I am not deceiving people? what do you mean I have no class? are you taking the piss?
Okay, obviously there is some confusion. I did not mean you Brian, you are a great PC Repair Tech. I learn so much from you, you speak the truth and I have gotten better with my IT because of you and so I apologise if my message sounded like it was at you. I was referring to the cyber criminals! When I said "how dare you deceive the people, you have no class"Sad I mean't "How dare they deceive the people, they have no class" Sad Not you

I hope I have cleared this up and again I apologies for the confusion, I hope we can still be buddies, mate
RECdevicehelper
ya Rev I am sure everything is good something miscommunication can happen
(12-19-2016, 10:05 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]ya Rec I am sure everything is good something miscommunication can happen
Yeah it does happen! I'm not worried, I'm sure this can be quickly be resolved
Pages: 1 2