Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Disabling Windows 10 Cortana
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have windows 10 home version. I was successful installing Gpedit. I'm not doing something right while reading the directions as how one goes about disabling Cortana. I don't see the benefits/CPU drain ratio as being worthwhile. I want to learn about disabling Cortana permanently. Can you help?
Try this video:

Britec will show you a registry trick to disable cortana if you have the home version of windows 10

Also it is not recommended to install Gpedit on a home version of windows as it will cause problems with the OS.
(12-12-2016, 06:49 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote: [ -> ]Try this video:

Britec will show you a registry trick to disable cortana if you have the home version of windows 10

Also it is not recommended to install Gpedit on a home version of windows as it will cause problems with the OS.

This is the video I watched to disable Cortana from coming up in the search area. However albeit cortana is now not showing up in my windows search area, when I check my task manager it still shows that it's running. Is there a way to completely shut down Cortana?
no from my experience you can't completely disable Cortana, you could Uninstall cortana but from my experience that will give you an error on booting windows 10 cortana is a very big part of windows 10 more than you would think