Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Is my usb flash drive going bad?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I have a 64gb Corsair Flash Voyager go USB Flash Drive and it is brand new. Today I decided to run check flash to see if there were any bad sectors and it came up with 4 errors and here are the details:
Error at range [E6C154000h..E6C1ED800h]: device write error.
Error at range [E6C154000h..E6C1ED800h]: device read error.
Error at range [E6C154000h..E6C1ED800h]: device write error.
Error at range [E6C154000h..E6C1ED800h]: device read error.

Is my USB going bad? this is brand new and I have formatted it only twice.

Any thoughts?

RECdevicehelper
sounds like the flash drive is failing the flash it should be how under under warranty
you could test your flash drive with this program  Check Flash

I have used it before
(12-02-2016, 11:14 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]sounds like the flash drive is failing the flash it should be how under under warranty
you could test your flash drive with this program  Check Flash

I have used it before
That is the program I used. This is what I used to give those error codes that I provided in my description. I'm confused because this result happened on another drive I have.
I will test my flash and see what will happen later
(12-02-2016, 11:31 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]I will test my flash and see what will happen later
cheers Compton. Much appreciated!
Use the Diskpart tool to clean the flash drive with the clean command as explained in this article, the link of which is below, and then check its health

https://www.howtogeek.com/235824/how-to-clean-a-flash-drive-sd-card-or-internal-drive-to-fix-partition-and-capacity-problems/
(12-03-2016, 02:15 AM)Partha Wrote: [ -> ]Use the Diskpart tool to clean the flash drive with the clean command as explained in this article, the link of which is below, and then check its health

https://www.howtogeek.com/235824/how-to-clean-a-flash-drive-sd-card-or-internal-drive-to-fix-partition-and-capacity-problems/
thanks partha, after cleaning the disk, and re running check flash, It is coming clean with no errors. Is it safe to use easy2boot to turn it into a multiboot usb?
yes I have use easy2boot on many flash drive
(12-03-2016, 12:06 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]yes I have use easy2boot on many flash drive
ok thanks - Solved -Thread Closed