Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows 7 - Recovery Partition on USB Flash Drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can one save the recovery partition files and then create a bootable USB flash drive to Factory Reset a PC or a laptop at a later point when the recovery partition is no longer functional? I can make a set of recovery disks, but I'd rather have it on one USB flash drive. Thanks in advance for any advice (or youtube video?). Smile
First you need to create a system recovery cd and then copy contents of that cd to USB.

Here's How:

1. Create Windows 7 System Recovery Disc.
2. Plugin your USB drive
3. Download ImgBurn and follow this guide How to Create a Windows ISO from a Disc Using ImgBurn
4. Download WinUSB Maker its a free utility that makes bootable USB 
[attachment=2166]
That's it.
Better to do it this way then creating a recovery partition. If the hard drive dies...the recovery partition is gone too.
Thank you both for your kind replies. I most likely did not ask the question correctly.

What I'd like to do is create a bootable USB flash drive out of all the recovery partition files and delete the recovery partition. However, some laptops do NOT give that option; they only allow you to burn 3-5 recovery DVDs. Thank you VERY kindly for your responses. Regards, exitometro --