Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Help with ESET booting to windows machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am unable to easily boot to a USB flash drive on my computer. I have a Lenovo H430 and I have to go in to CMOS and enable CSM and change the boot mode to Legacy from UEFI. Then I can boot to a flash drive. Then when I boot to my new ESET flash drive it gives me a warning "Warning The NTFS partition with label Windows8_OS is hibernated.. Please resume Windows and turn it off properly , so mounting could be performed safely. It continues, Turning Windows off properly could be done by running this command from the command line. c:/ shutdown /s /t @ Please select one option below
1. Reboot the computer to unhibernate the NTFS partition using the command Line Prompt. ( Nothing happens Here when I do this except the machine reboots and i am the caught in a loop doing the same thing all over again. or
2. Mount the partitions read only . Effective "Cleaning" will not be possible. If I select this option I can scan but it shows I have 7 problems but will not fix them.

Then it does create a log but I can't save the log so I can access it in Windows at a later time.

Please help
Hi, also turn off fast boot if that is in the CMOS
Have tried turning off quick boot and it makes no difference. It seems this may be a puzzler.
Can you get into safe mode?
(10-27-2014, 10:03 PM)TopFreeware Wrote: [ -> ]Can you get into safe mode?

Yes, by going into msconfig and clicking the boot tab.
Make sure to turn off "Secure Boot" in the CMOS
(10-28-2014, 03:25 AM)zINc Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure to turn off "Secure Boot" in the CMOS

That option is not available anywhere in my CMOS that I can find