Britec Tech Support Forum

Full Version: Windows 10 anniversary pin login not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi
the pin login on my Windows 10 laptop is not working any more I have to login with my password.

it gives the error message as shown in the picture below. when I leave it as it suggests for two hours it will let me sign in pin code  once and then go back to not working again.

the laptop is a HP Spectre x360

model number 13-4109na  

windows 10  anniversary

version 1607

[img][Image: IMG_2335_zpsybhaub7i.jpg][/img]

does anybody know how to fix this?
can you login to safe mode?
(11-02-2016, 03:39 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]can you login to safe mode?

yes I can login to safe mode. but that only gives the option to use a Password login not a pin code .

I can login to windows normally if I use my password but not the pin code .
basically I think what happen the user account got corrupted
create a new user account   How to Create a New Local User Account in Windows 10
(11-02-2016, 04:30 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]basically I think what happen the user account got corrupted
create a new user account   How to Create a New Local User Account in Windows 10
It is common these days to get a corrupted user profile! I have had one even after performing a clean install of windows 10.

Also monkey85, have a look at the brian's video on corrupt user profiles, the title says Fix Corrupt User Profile in Windows 8 but this works in windows 10. I know this works for any operating system because in the video description, it says "Corrupt profiles have always been a part of a windows operating system, and Windows 8 is no exception". so please check it out:

Hope this helps

RECdevicehelper
(11-02-2016, 05:14 PM)RECdevicehelper Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2016, 04:30 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]basically I think what happen the user account got corrupted
It is common these days to get a corrupted user profile! I have had one even after performing a clean install of windows 10.

Also monkey85, have a look at the brian's video on corrupt user profiles, the title says Fix Corrupt User Profile in Windows 8 but this works in windows 10. I know this works for any operating system because in the video description, it says "Corrupt profiles have always been a part of a windows operating system, and Windows 8 is no exception". so please check it out:

Hope this helps

RECdevicehelper

I Seem to be having trouble creating a new user account.

it comes up with a message saying "something went wrong we can't add a user to this device at this time . it is probably our fault please try again."
boot into safe mode open command prompt as Admin

net user NewUser NewPassword /add

select enter

example

[attachment=2019]
(11-04-2016, 04:40 PM)Compton Wrote: [ -> ]boot into safe mode open command prompt as Admin

net user NewUser NewPassword /add

select enter

example
Adding to Compton post,

After you have typed the previous command to create the account, please type the following command to make it an administrator:

net localgroup administrators newusername /add

Example:

net localgroup administrators Compton /add

Hope this helps

RECdevicehelper
Hi

I'm still having real problems with Windows user accounts

I still couldn't get it to work after trying your suggestion with safe mode . it made a new user account but just came up with Black screen when I try to login .

Is there anything else I can try to fix this don't really want to refresh Windows 10 as it would mean reinstalling all my programs

I may just leave it for now as it is only affecting logging in with a pin code
Sounds like your hardware is failing or you have corrupt system files.

First, Run a scan with sfc/scannow:
Perform SFC scan

Click 'Start' > Type cmd in the search field > Right-click the command prompt at the top of the list and select 'Run as Administrator'
Inside the command prompt, type sfc /scannow > Press 'Enter'
4. Reboot and test.

Secondly, test your hard drive's health using the links below:
how to check your hard drive health status with crystal disk info
How to Test Your Hard Drive Using SeaTools for Windows
Pages: 1 2 3 4